Saturday, February 2, 2013

Wedding Planning!

Let the wedding planning continue!
We are down to just a few more months before the big day! I had been stressed free and just not really worry about getting stuff done until I came back to work in January and everyone around me had to tell me their opinions
 (not in a bad way :) ) about what I need to get on planning and booking! Some things were I needed to order invitations, book a cater, book someone to make my cake, get on bridesmaid gifts etc......

So the calls and emails started flying out of my email box and I was constantly on the phone. Calling anyone around birmingham!
First was finding an invitation and someone to do them for me. I knew from the moment I started planning my wedding, I didn't want the traditional wedding. So that meant not a traditional wedding invitation. I started searching for different and unique invitations and found several I liked. Then I knew that my friends all use this wonderful photographer who also does custom invitations and knew she would be fabulous for this big project! I contacted her and gave her my ideas and she was happy to do them for me. After exchanges of emails and ideas she had the final product ready to be revealed! When I opened the attachment on my phone I smiled from ear to ear and screened! I was so excited and happy about the way it turned out! I couldn't have imaged it any other way. So that was done and they have been ordered!! Hope you all like them as much as I do!

Next was I was on to the food!
I started with three caters
1. Imperial Catering
2. Happy Catering
3. Publix Catering
After emails and phone exchanges, I set up a meeting with Imperial catering on 1.12.13. I was so excited to go to my first tasting and just hear all the great ideas. So saturday showed up and my mom, sister and I went thinking we weren't going to taste anything just talk and price things around. Boy, were we wrong! We were totally blow away when we got there with the generosity of the staff and owner! The main chef had planned a full course menu for our tasting! It was absolutely divine! We talked about my theme and budget and came up with an amazing menu! She also provided tons of extra items in the price for decorations and linens. I am so excited about working with them! I highly recommend them!

Now was the last big item to book was finding someone to make our CAKES! This summer I had gone to a bridal show at the BJCC and had tried Publix raspberry filled cake and fell in love with it. So our first tasting was at Publix. I was so excited and had high hopes about the cake tasting! I had printed out the design I wanted and had my planner with me as we journeyed out to Pell City. When we got there it  we went in and walked to the bakery were we tried a cake with three fillings! They weren't sure if they could do the design I wanted which I was a little sad about because I loved the cake! After the tasting we headed back home and were on to plan B! My next tasting would be at Louise's Cakes N Things in Hoover. I had never heard of this bakery before and so had no expectations going in. But as we arrived we were greeted and shown to a room to start discussing options! I showed them my design and they said it would be no problem! So I knew immediately that we had struck gold at this place! The cakes were both delicious and they were so easy to work with! So we left with both cakes and great deals! I was now a happy bride.

So now that the invitations being stuffed , food is ready, and cakes are being baked I can enjoy with no stress on those areas!

Now up next working on the bridesmaid gifts, crafts and center pieces for the big day!! (POST will come after wedding with pictures and more details! Don't want to spoil all my ideas.)







No comments:

Post a Comment